Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Quebec To The Drawing Board

| Working | February 10, 2015

(In Quebec, there is no law stating that a car needs to be inspected every year, or that a car needs a license plate in the front. These are required in a car from New Brunswick. The police have set up a checkpoint to see if people have had their car inspected.)

Me: *stopping* “Everything all right, officer?”

Officer: *looking at my dash, and taps where the inspection sticker usually goes* “Not for you! You don’t have an inspection sticker!”

Me: “The car is from Quebec. We don’t need one.”

Officer: *looks at front bumper then sing-songs* “We don’t have a license plate! I’m going to need your license and registration please.”

Me: “Ma’am, the car is from Quebec. I’m just a student here.”

Officer: *ignores me and goes to see my rear bumper and sees the Quebec plate, then comes back to my window* “License and registration.”

Me: “Okay. Here is my French license and here is my French registration.”

Officer: *looks at them thoroughly then looks at me* “Here. Move along.”

Me: “Okay, have a good day!” *leaves*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!