Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting Yourself In The Thick Of It

, , , , , | Right | April 26, 2019

(I am helping a woman pick out earrings for her daughter’s birthday.)

Customer: “I heard that big hoops are back in again, and I want to make sure they show up in my daughter’s hair.”

Me: “Well, these are pretty thin but large in size, so they should be noticeable but won’t weigh her ears down.”

Customer: “I just don’t know if it will work. My daughter has such thick and beautiful hair so it’s hard to see anything through it.”

Me: “Well, if they don’t work she can always return or exchange them.”

Customer: “No, that won’t work. Here; let me show you just how thick her hair is.”

(She begins scrolling through her phone for a picture of her daughter and while she does that, I take my hair out of my ponytail. At this point, I should mention that I have a complete undercut the whole way across my head and the only hair I have is at the top. I normally keep it up so it’s out of my face but I figure I can use it as a demonstration because it’s very thick and curly and when it’s down, you can’t tell I have a shaved head.)

Customer: “Wait, where did you get that hair?”

Me: “Well, it’s been here the whole time. I just keep it up, but I figured this way you can kind of get an idea about whether the earrings will show up.”

(I hold the earrings up and the customer begins to glare daggers at me.)

Customer: “Hmm, I just don’t know. My daughter’s hair is just so thick and pretty that I’ll have to bring her in to try them.”

Me: “Okay. Whatever is easier for you.”

(While I put the earrings away, she kept staring at me. I think she got angry over the fact that I had hair just as thick as her daughter’s and she couldn’t brag anymore. One of the weirder customers I have had.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!