Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting The Man Into Manners

| Romantic | January 29, 2013

(I am standing at a bus stop in downtown. It’s about 11 pm, and I am reading a book. The only other people at the stop are an enormous African American (Man #1) and a thin, Hispanic man in baggy clothing (Man #2).)

Man #2: “Hey, hot mama, your butt looks fine in those jeans.”

Me: “Excuse me? Please keep your comments to yourself. I am not interested in hearing them.”

Man #2: “What the f*** is wrong with you, b***? I just paid you a compliment!”

Me: *feeling flustered and unsafe* “No, you, a total stranger, just commented on my body unsolicited in the middle of the night. I am feeling very uncomfortable right now, please stop talking to me.”

Man #2: “Someone needs to lay your a** down and show you what for, you stupid w****!”

(He then launches into expletives and starts acting enraged. I am feeling extremely unsafe now, so I am getting ready to bolt to another stop, when I hear Man #1 right behind me.)

Man #1: “Dude, shut the f*** up. P*** off and go ask your momma to teach you some real manners, or I will personally remove all of your teeth. Did no one ever teach you how to treat people?”

(Man #1 is looming behind me, and Man #2 flips him off after slinging a racial slur. Man #1 steps towards him and Man #2 takes off running, holding his pants up with one hand.)

Me: “Oh, thank you!”

Man #1: “My pleasure. I can’t believe dudes like that still exist. I’m very sorry. Have a nice night.”

(He then went back to his seat. I paid for his ticket when the bus came.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!