Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Prescribe Themselves Some Attentiveness

| Working | February 28, 2015

(I’ve been going to the same chain drugstore for a while now. Having moved and been diagnosed with diabetes, taking medication has become a fairly standard part of my life. I am picking some prescriptions when I am told that they can’t find one I had refilled the night before.)

Clerk: “Huh, that’s strange. It says it was filled this morning by [Pharmacist] but I can’t find it.”

Me: “Well, I really kinda need it. It’s a diabetic medication and I really can’t go skipping a day.”

(The clerk tells me if I’m willing to wait 20 minutes that they can refill it. I pay for my other medications and he bags them.)

Clerk: “Okay, that’s all done if you’ll just step to the side at that window they’ll let you know when it’s ready.”

(I am confused but do as he says as he makes a motion to move my bag of prescriptions to wait with me. The woman behind me, a snobby soccer mom if there was one, immediately steps up as I edge away from the counter. She states her name loudly and starts complaining about how long she’s had to wait and how they really need more staff. After 15 minutes, the people at the other counter confirm what I need and have me sit down. When my prescription is ready I am once again called to the clerk to pay for the last one.)

Clerk: “Okay and your total is [total]. Would you like to add this to your other bag?”

(He offers the prescription towards me and I give him a hard look.)

Me: “You can put it in with the rest of my medications you have.”

Clerk: “Ma’am, I already gave you your medications.”

(I look at him and gesture towards my t-shirt, jeans and non-existent purse.)

Me: “And where exactly do you think I have them? You kept my medications. You never handed them to me.”

Clerk: “You took your prescriptions. I bagged them and handed them to you.”

Me: “You did bag them, and then you told me to move to the other window. You never handed them to me.”

(It was at this time one of the actual pharmacists stepped over.)

Pharmacist: “Ma’am. Is there something wrong?”

Me: “Yes. Your clerk is trying to claim that I have given me my meds but I never got them. I have the one.” *I hold up the one he just rang* “But I don’t know what he did with the other three.”

(The clerk has now given up and is completely ignoring me, ringing up other customers behind me.)

Pharmacist: “Ma’am, would you like me to call a manager?”

Me: “Yes, please do. I want you to watch the security footage and find out where my medications went.”

(I am asked to wait and within a minute a manager shows up. He’s one I’ve dealt with before and have gotten fairly friendly with.)

Manager: “Don’t worry, [My Name]. We’ll get this all sorted out.”

Me: “You know I hadn’t thought about it till now, but the girl behind me was named [Name]. You may need to call her.”

(Another 30 minutes and four missing refills later, it was discovered that the clerk had indeed bagged my medication, and then proceeded to bag the snobby lady’s meds on top of mine and hand her the entire bag. I haven’t seen that clerk at that store since.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!