Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting The Fired Into Hired, Part 2

, | Working | March 22, 2015

(My boss is in the process of hiring a graphic designer for our store in order to grow our print business. During this process we get a call from one of the interviewees:)

Me: “Hello, [Store]. [My Name] speaking. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, I had an interview the other day with the owner and was calling to check my status.”

Me: “All right, let me put you on hold and check with the owner.”

(I put them on hold while I speak with my boss, but when I go to speak with the caller they have hung up. I shrug it off , and then overhear my coworker pick up another call and have the exact same conversation, only to have the caller hang up again when she is put on hold. I pick up again the third time she calls.)

Caller: *angrily* “This is my third time calling and you guys keep hanging up on me!”

Me: “No, ma’am, we don’t. We have been putting you on hold and you have been hanging up on us. I need to speak with my boss and you seem unwilling to wait.”

Caller: “Let me talk to him NOW!”

Me: “Unfortunately, he is otherwise occupied and is unable to come to the phone but I will have him call you back if he is interested in hiring you.”

Caller: “Can I trust you to give him my information?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, I will. He should have your information anyway with your application.”

Caller: “Ugh, fine. I’ll just wait for the call.”

(Needless to say, I advised my boss against hiring this person. To the caller’s bad luck, I’m one of my bosses most trusted employees.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!