Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Putting A Lid On That Temper

, , , | Right | February 14, 2012

Me: “Hi, how are you doing today?”

Customer: “Hey, you. Um… you got any corn dogs?”

Me: “I’m sorry we don’t.”

Customer: “Okay, do you have any pistachio ice cream?”

(We’re standing right at the ice cream bar and have all the selections on display.)

Me: “No, sir, we don’t. I’m sorry.”

Customer: “Son of a b****! Well, do you at least have a large chocolate shake?! You have that, right?!”

Me: “Yes, sir. Let me make that for you.”

(I head back to do this while my coworker takes the rest of his order, which is a triple-dip ice cream in a cup. I come back to ring him up and notice that he’s not happy.)

Me: “All right, that will be [price].”

Customer: “I wanted that to go!” *points at the ice cream in the cup*

Me: “Yes, sir, it’s in a cup. You can take it to go.”

Customer: “You’re telling me that you’d drive with that in your car without a lid?! How stupid are you?!”

Me: “Yes, sir, I would. I can get you a lid if you want.”

Customer: “Well what did you think I meant by to go?!”

Me: “Yes, sir.”

(I get him a lid and force the ice cream to fit.)

Customer: “Well, I hope you learned something from this!” *storms off*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!