Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Put This Promotion And The Employees On Ice

, , , , , | Working | July 10, 2020

I am at a convenience store. They have a promo where, when you fill a certain size cup with ice, then HOT coffee, and then cream as you like, it is only 99 cents. Some locations do this; THIS particular location stopped early.

I don’t know what side of the rock this employee woke up on, but apparently, it was the wrong one. We have this pleasant exchange:

Employee #1: “Hey, this is ICED COFFEE!”

They also sell a brand of ready-made iced coffee. It’s too sweet for me and it’s very expensive!

Me: “Actually, it’s just regular coffee with creamer in it.”

Employee #1: “No, no, no. This is iced coffee. You have to use special cups! They’re a different price!”

I’m getting a bit irritated at this point.

Me: “Actually, when you fill a [branded soft drink size] with ice, and then coffee, it’s only 99 cents.”

Employee #1: “Hmm, no. This is iced coffee and you’re going to have to pay full price.”

The “full price” is close to $3.00!

Me: “I was here two days ago and there was no problem. Now, all of a sudden, there’s some kind of problem?”

Employee #1: “Nope. We don’t do that.”

Employee #2: “Yeah, you have to pay a different price.”

I then notice the signs from the promo; they are stashed atop a shelf in the back. It dawns on me…

Employee #1: “Yeah, we’ve done this. But I’ll do this for you just this one time! After that, you pay full price.

I hand him my phone with the [Convenience Store] app to scan — Buy any six drinks, get a seventh free! — and he reaches over to scan my phone, but then drops his hand suddenly and looks at me, rather angry.

Five whole seconds pass with silence until [Employee #1] SIGHS with exasperation.

Me: “What? Did something happen?”

Employee #1: *Sigh* “Look at your phone.”

Somehow another screen had popped up.

Would it have killed the guy to tell me that their promo had ended? Literally every other location did this except this one. Also, tell someone their phone’s screen messed up instead of making them guess!

I walked out of there vowing to never go back to that location. The next day, I went to a location twice as far away; they still have my iced coffee! Happy day!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!