Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Put This Con To Bed

| Right | March 8, 2013

Customer: “I am looking for some cheap beds for my sons.”

(I look at the two boys the customer has brought with her. One is about 6 years old and very slim, while the other is approximately 13 and massive.)

Me: “Well, for the little one we have this model…”

(I show her the cheapest mesh base in the store.)

Me: “…and for the older boy, we have this model.”

(I show her a heavy duty reinforced model that is $60 more.)

Customer: “No, I will take two of the cheaper beds, thanks.”

Me: “The cheaper model will not stand up to any punishment from the older child.”

Customer: “No, he isn’t mine. My other son is with a friend and he is about the same size as the little fella.” *points to the slim 6 year old*

Me: “Okay, but if this is for the older child, we won’t fix any damage he does and won’t refund or replace it.”

Customer: “Are you calling me a liar?”

Me: “No, I just want you to be aware that it’s not designed for older children.”

Customer: “Well, it won’t be for an older kid, you idiot.”

(I take the customer to counter with receipt and warn the manager of her after she departs. Two days later, the customer returns with a broken bed and the two same boys.)

Customer: “I got this bed two days ago and one is already broken.”

Me: “Did the older kid jump on it?”

Customer: “No, you bloody idiot! I told you it wasn’t for him.”

Me: “Okay then, just go to the front counter and they will arrange a refund.”

(The customer walks from the warehouse to the front desk. Meanwhile, I talk to the 6-year-old son.)

Me: *to the 6 year old* “Did your big brother jump on the bed?”

6-year-old Son: “Yeah, he cracked a sad, jumped on his bed, threw it against the wall and broke it. Now mum has to get a new one so she brought it back.”

(I walk to the front counter and tell the administration staff to cancel the order.)

Me: *to the customer* “Please come and collect your broken bed from the warehouse.”

Customer: “Why the h*** do I want the broken bed back? I came here for a refund!”

Me: “Luckily, your son is more honest than you are. He told me the truth about the bed, and we aren’t a disposal service for other people’s rubbish.”

Customer: “F*** you!”

Me: “Thank you. Have a nice day.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!