Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Put Them Back In Their Place

, , | Hopeless | April 5, 2017

It is some years ago. I am in the metro and it is semi-late evening. I start to hear the beat to a famous, easy to recognize song. A beautiful gothic girl is doing the stomp-stomp-clap, and then a few persons around her join in. The goth-girl sings “We will rock you” from the song, and is joined again by more and more people, doing the beat and singing. I surprise myself by doing same, too! The whole train car is now loudly rocking “We Will Rock You.”

The goth-girl stands up, making everyone stand happily with her: We Will, We Will Rock You! stomp-stomp-clap, stomp-stomp-clap.

Then she walks toward a corner. I notice there are about four or five guys surrounding a young looking female, quite uncomfortable, and scared. The goth-girl’s eyes are dead-locked on those guys and gathering the crowd with her. I think it is some cool staged flash mob and tag along, keeping the beat and singing with everyone else. The goth-girl goes close enough to split apart the guys and motion to the cornered girl to come closer to her and push her behind her back. The guys look unsure about what to do and nervous faced by about 40-50 people. She then jumps into the song again:

Buddy, you’re an old man, poor man. Pleadin’ with your eyes, gonna make you some peace some day. You got mud on your face. Big disgrace. Somebody better put you back into your place!

She did not sing as much as talked it, but it was charismatic and intimidating. She waves the pumped up crowd into two more: We will rock you!

We reach a station and the guys slowly back outside the train.

The girl turn to us, smiles, and claps: “Thank you everyone! You were all amazing.”

We all cheer and return to our places in a light mood. That’s when I realized no one was filming this. The goth-girl just spotted a girl who was cornered and scared by suspicious guys and made the whole place act on it! Thank you, miss, for not closing your eyes on the situation and opening ours. Best save ever.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!