Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Put A Freeze On PS3 Returns

| Right | May 29, 2015

(I’m manning the cash register when a customer comes in with a PS3 box.)

Customer: “Hey, I bought this from you guys new a couple of weeks ago and it’s overheating. Could I get an exchange?”

Me: “Sure! Let me just test it out so I can give our refurb guys an exact account of what happens.”

(I take out the system out of the box to find that it’s pretty cold and a bit damp.)

Me: “Um, sir, is there a reason your PS3 is wet?”

Customer: “Oh yeah. I stuck it in the freezer for a little while to cool it down when it got hot.”

Me: “…You stuck your PS3, an electronic device… in the freezer?”

Customer: “Yeah, because it was hot.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but this system is now water damaged by your own actions. I can’t exchange it.”

Customer: “What?! Why the h*** not?!”

Me: “Even if it was faulty before, because you put in the freezer your warranty is void.”

Customer: “That’s stupid! What the h*** am I supposed to do now?!”

Me: “You could maybe try calling Sony tech support, but they’ll probably just tell you the same thing.”

Customer: “So you’re saying I just spent $200 dollars for nothing! Can’t you do anything?!”

Me: “The only thing I can do is to advise you to NOT put electronics in the freezer. Maybe put a fan on it next time.”

(I smiled sweetly and he glared at me and stormed out with his overheated and frozen PS3.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!