Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Puppy Power

, , , , | Hopeless | May 10, 2016

(My family, and our new golden retriever puppy, are taking a long road trip. We stop for gas and to let the dog out; my mom walks her away from us and is approached by a scary-looking biker, with torn clothes, covered in tattoos, and at least six and a half feet tall. My mom looks worried, so I go over to her.)

Biker: “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. It’s just… I lost my dog last winter, and I just wanted to see your puppy.”

(The puppy is done, so my mom picks her up and lets the man pet her.)

Mom: *still looks a bit nervous* “This is [Name]. She’s eight weeks old.”

Biker: *in a baby voice, gently petting her and letting her sniff him* “Well, hello, [Name]! Aren’t you adorable! My hands are as big as you, but you don’t need to be scared… I bet your mama loves you very much.” *he notices me* “…and your sister does, too!”

(Suddenly, the man looks really sad, like he’s remembering his dog.)

Biker: “Could… could I hold her for a minute? I promise I’ll be careful.”

(My mom allows this, and he cradles the puppy in his arms like a newborn while she squirms and tries to lick his face. Eventually, he carefully hands her back.)

Biker: *softly* “Thank you. That meant a lot to me. I hope I find a dog like her when I’m ready.”

(In all her 12 years, the dog brought many people into our lives, but I’ll never forget that man.)


This story is part of our Golden Retriever roundup!

Read the next Golden Retriever roundup story!

Read the Golden Retriever roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!