Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pumpkin Season Finally Turned Deadly

, , | Healthy | December 10, 2017

(I am working at a pumpkin patch and we have to move the rotting pumpkins to a huge garbage bin. I and two coworkers have the pumpkins in a ranger, a huge garbage bin, and are throwing them into the dumpster. [Coworker #1] throws the pumpkin and it hits [Coworker #2] on the head, like, smack dab in the middle of the head.)

Coworker #1: “OH, MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY?!”

Coworker #2: “Yeah, I blacked out for a bit but I’m fine.”

Me: “Oh, god, hold on; let me get someone!”

Coworker #2: “I’m fine; I’ve had a concussion before I know the drill. Let’s finish this!”

Me: “What? No, I need to get someone! You said you blacked out!”

Coworker #2: “It’s fine; I’ll have my sister wake me up every few hours.”

Coworker #1: “She says she’s fine. I didn’t mean to hit her anyway.”

(Against my better judgment, we finished the pumpkins and all signed out and went home. [Coworker #1] called in the next day and I saw she posted on her FB wall she was in the hospital with, guess what? A concussion!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!