Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pumping Mad

, , , , | Friendly | February 19, 2018

(I arrive at the petrol station to fill up my tank. There are three cars ahead of me, including two who are already at the pumps. When the cars leave, the car ahead of me moves forward, but instead of moving to the first pump so I can go to the second one, the driver stops at the second, essentially leaving the pump in front of her unoccupied and me stuck behind her unable to access it. I wave at her when she exits her car and politely ask:)

Me: “Hi, would you mind moving your car forward, so I can use this pump and you can use the other?”

Woman: “No, I won’t be long. And you can just go around the station and reverse to the first pump, if you’re in a rush.”

(She then turned her back to me and started pumping petrol. I was pretty annoyed, as she would just have needed to move her car forward a few meters so we could both pump, instead of me having to reverse, drive around the station, and then reverse again to access the first pump because of the one-way system in place. I was in no rush, but I decided to do exactly what she advised, because she obviously did not think it through. I went around the station and parked in front of her, effectively blocking her exit, and started taking my sweet time pumping. I could see her waiting for me to finish, so she could exit. Once I was done, I slowly walked toward the station to pay. There was a queue at checkout. I could see that lady through the windows, growing impatient because she couldn’t leave. In the end, she decided to awkwardly reverse and drive all around the station to be able to exit it. That may have been petty of me, but I have no regrets. Maybe next time, she’ll consider the people behind her.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!