Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Psychic Psycho(Deli)c

, , , | Right | May 11, 2010

Me: “Hey there. What can I get for you?”

Customer: “I’d like half a pound of [brand that we carry] ham, and a quarter of a pound of [brand we do NOT carry] Swiss cheese.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but we don’t carry the brand of cheese you were looking for. Can I get you something else?”

Customer: “What do you mean, you don’t carry it? I just bought it here last week!”

Me: “But we don’t carry it, ma’am. We do have about five other Swiss cheeses to choose from.”

Customer: “Are you stupid? I’m looking right at the cheese I want!”

(I walk around the counter to see her pointing at the regular brand of cheese that we’ve always carried, not the brand she was asking for.)

Me: “Oh, you asked for a different brand. I’m sorry about that; I’ll just go ahead and cut it.”

Customer: “No, this is what I meant I wanted. You should have known!”

Me: “I should have known what you really wanted when you said you wanted something else?”

Customer: “Of course! Isn’t that part of your job?”


This story is part of the Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup!

Read the next Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup story!

Read the Customers Expecting Mind-Readers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!