Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not An Award-Winning Business Plan

| Working | December 22, 2016

(My dad usually leaves Christmas shopping till the last minute, and this year is no exception. I’m home cleaning when my dad calls me from the bookstore.)

Dad: “I didn’t find [a book about a very popular tv show] or [this year’s national literature award winner] for Mom. Do you have any idea what else she could want?”

Me: “I can’t come up with anything on short notice. Seriously, they have none of the [award winner]? That should sell a lot, especially before Christmas, so I can’t imagine them not having it. Have you asked for help? Maybe you just missed it?”

Dad: “I haven’t asked. I guess I’ll do it.”

(Later, Dad comes home.)

Me: “Did you get something for Mom?”

Dad: “Yeah, but I’m not really happy with it.”

Me: “Why? You didn’t get what you were looking for?”

Dad: “I didn’t. I asked. After [award winner] sold out, they have ordered some. For people who ask them to order it. No extras to put on the shelf. Of a book that is so popular that it sold out. Before Christmas.”

(I’m a bit curious about the business plan of this bookstore.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!