Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Prints-iple Of Bluffing

, , , , | Right | December 18, 2017

(I’m working the counter of the copy center. We are one of the busiest in the metroplex for our company. Because of this, we sometimes have longer turn-times. A customer walks up who needs large-format engineering prints.)

Customer: “I need three of each of these, 24×36 inches.”

Me: “All right, that’s three sets of ten pages, 24×36 inches, black and white. When are you using these?”

Customer: “I need them now. I’m going to wait on them.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but due to the high foot traffic today, we’re not going to be able to have these finished until [three hours from now].”

Customer: “This is unacceptable! I can’t believe you would have this kind of customer service. I come in all the time and I’ve never had to wait!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we’ve just been slammed all day and are actually double-booked for several times. I’m not sure other orders are going to be finished on time as it is. If I put you before everyone else, it will just exacerbate things.”

Customer: “Well, I’m going to go to [Competitor]!”

Me: “I’m sorry we couldn’t help you today, sir. I hope they are able to finish your order sooner.”

Customer: *extended pause* “When can you have these done again?”

(We get a lot of customers that think we just don’t want to help them out, but we’re genuinely that busy. I guess he was trying to call my bluff.)


This story is part of the Customers Bluffing roundup!

Read the next Customers Bluffing roundup story!

Read the Customers Bluffing roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!