Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Long And Overdrawn Way Of Doing It

| Working | September 24, 2015

(I’ve accidentally overdrawn my bank account. The nearest credit union location is currently 60 miles away so I open my mobile banking app to do a picture based deposit of a check I received to cover my overdraft. The mobile deposit feature is missing.)

Credit Union: “Hi, how can we help you?”

Me: “Hi. I am trying to make a deposit but the mobile deposit feature on my phone app seems to be missing.”

Credit Union: “Yes, looking at your account it seems your account is overdrawn by $xx.xx so we disabled certain features in your mobile app.”

Me: “Let me see if I understand this correctly. I owe you money so you disable my ability to give you the money I owe you?”

Credit Union: “It is our standard policy to disable certain features of the mobile app for accounts that are overdrawn.”

Me: “Does this even seem logical to you?”

Credit Union: “It is our standard policy to disable certain features of the mobile app for accounts that are overdrawn.”

Me: *slowly like I’m dealing with a child* “Okaaay. Since I can’t drive the 60 miles to get to the nearest credit union right now can you recommend an alternative way to make a deposit?”

Credit Union: “Sure, I can help with that. Let me have your zip code so I can look up the nearest credit union.”

Me: *face-palming, knowing the answer coming up next* “Sure it’s [zip code].”

Credit Union: “Okay, it looks like the nearest credit union for [Different Brand Chain] is 60 miles away, or the nearest branch of our chain is 360 miles away.”

Me: “Yes, I know. As I said already I can’t drive that distance right now. Do you have another suggestion for making a deposit? Perhaps I could mail it to you?”

Credit Union: “Yes, you can mail a deposit to us at [Address].”

Me: “I would just like to recap this conversation… So, I owe you money and you disable my ability to give you money right away, and instead I’m forced to mail the check to you via the post office so that it takes many more days to get the money I owe you. And this is your preferred method of business?”

Credit Union: “It is our standard policy to disable certain features of the mobile app for accounts that are overdrawn.”

Me: *click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!