Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Priceless Priced Less

, , , , | Right | August 18, 2011

(This lady has been in the store for at least an hour, building a large pile of merchandise.)

Customer: “Okay, I’m ready to check out. You can take off the sale prices.”

Me: “Um, I’m sorry?”

Customer: “You can take the discounts off. I won’t be needing them after all. The insurance will reimburse me, so it doesn’t matter how much I spend.”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I can’t exactly take off the sale prices. I would need to call my manager.”

Customer: “Don’t worry about it, I’ll just pay the sale prices. My shed burnt down, you know. I have to replace everything. Priceless items! My grandma gave me a popcorn maker for Christmas when I was a kid that was in there! I had custom-made curtains worth thousands of dollars in there! Heirloom dishes! So many things irreplaceable!”

Me: “Wow, that’s awful! So, if I might ask, why were these irreplaceable items in the shed, and not your house?

Customer: “Oh, it was all from some garage sale.”


This story is part of the Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup!

Read the next Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup story!

Read the Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!