Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

What Is The Price To Get Rid Of You?

, , | Right | August 30, 2017

(The following takes place in a store that is clearly going out of business. The sales floor is in a shambles, prices of merchandise have been reduced significantly, and the staff morale is at an all-time low.)

Customer: “Hey, how much is this?”

Coworker: *scans item* “It’s [price], sir.”

Customer: “Can you give me a better price than that? You’re getting rid of it anyway, right?”

Coworker: “It’s still [price], sir.”

Customer: “You know what? I don’t know if I like that attitude of yours. I want to speak to your manager!”

Coworker: “Go right ahead, sir. He’s just gonna tell you the same thing.”

(At this point, our manager walks in.)

Manager: “What seems to be the problem here?”

Customer: “Your employee has an attitude problem!”

Manager: “Sir, I was standing right over there the whole time—” *pointing to a nearby location* “—and I heard the whole thing. All I heard was [Coworker] telling you the price of an item.”

Customer: “Well, yeah, but I don’t like the attitude she was giving me! Aren’t you going to do something about that?”

Manager: “What do you want me to do? Fire her? We’re all going to be losing our jobs, anyway!”

Customer: “I still expect you to reprimand her! That kind of behavior is unacceptable in customer service!”

Manager: “Says the guy trying to haggle like we’re at a god-d*** flea market! I don’t give a s*** anymore. Either pay the price shown on the register, or get the h*** out of my store!”

(Closing times are fun times.)


This story is part of our Hagglers roundup.

Read the next Hagglers roundup story!

Read the Hagglers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!