Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18472

Unfiltered | June 9, 2016

(This is my second time taking the bus, and my first time taking it by myself. To be clear, I have no idea what I’m doing. I have a lot of anxiety general and then I think that I missed my stop- cue the panic attack and crying.)

Stranger #1: “Are you okay?”

Me: (with significantly more stammering and tears) “Um, I think I- I missed my stop and this is my first time taking the bus and I have no idea what I’m doing.”

Stranger #2: “It’s going to be okay. Even if you miss your stop, the bus driver is really nice and he’ll get you wherever you need to go.”

Stranger #1: “To be honest, I have no idea where I am. I got here from (city far away). You know about where you are, so there’s nothing to worry about.”

(I start to calm down, at which point:)

Stranger #1: “Do you know where you get off?”

(I tell her.)

Stranger #1: “You’re fine. That’s the next stop. See?”

(My stop came and I didn’t get lost, and they told me good luck as I left. It meant so, so much to have two strangers calm me down from a panic attack. I probably would have gotten lost without them. And dehydrated from all the crying!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!