Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Price Check Yo Self

, , , , , , | Right | August 24, 2012

(A man comes up to my register with a cart FULL of different brands and sizes of beer.)

Customer #1: “Can you tell me the price for each one of these? I’m not sure which ones I want.”

(Because of how many types of beer he has, I know this will take a long time and will hold up the line, so I try another approach.)

Me: “The price for each one should have been listed on the shelf in front of them.”

Customer #1: “Well, they weren’t!”

Me: “Okay.”

(The customer hands me them. I scan each one and tell him the price. As I expected, an unhappy line of customers has formed behind him due to how long it’s taking.)

Me: “Which ones do you want?”

Customer #1: *counts out a handful of change* “Hmm… do you have any for less than $1.17?”

Me: “Uh, no. The six-packs are the cheapest, and they’re all around $5 at least.”

(The other customers waiting in line are fed up, and one finally speaks up.)

Customer #2: *to Customer #1* “Wait a second! Let me get this straight! You had her check the price of all of that beer, making us all wait, and you have less than $2?!”

Customer #1: “Well, not that it’s any of your business but… yes! It’s her job, after all!”

Customer #2: “Why didn’t you stop her after the six-packs? Those are obviously going to be cheaper than the larger packs!”

Customer #1: “Not necessarily!”

Customer #3: “Will you just get out of the way?”

Other Customers: *yelling in agreement*

(Customer #1 walks off. The rest of the customers in line help me load all the beer back into the cart and then return to the line.)

Me: “I’m sorry that took so long everyone!”

Customer #2: “Not your fault! You were just trying to provide good customer service! You didn’t know he was a moron!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!