Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Is A “Pretty” Bad Policy

, , , , | Working | April 21, 2018

(A friend is talking to a woman visiting her sister. The woman is complaining about her expanding business and how annoying it is finding someone to hire. The job in question entails answering the phone, searching their files for the car part the client is inquiring about, and replying whether it’s available. My friend has finished her studies and is unemployed.)

Friend: “I would like to apply, if that’s okay.”

Boss: “Oh, no. I could never hire you; you’re a beautiful girl.”

Friend: “Excuse me? What’s that have to do with anything?”

Boss: “You’ll probably marry soon, and then you’ll get pregnant and leave. I want someone who will work there permanently; I don’t have time or will to train two people to do that job.”

Friend: *taken aback* “So, you’re only hiring men? Wait. I thought you already have a girl working for you.”

Boss: “Well, that’s completely different.”

Friend: “How exactly?”

Boss: “She looks like a man! No one will ever want to date her, let alone sleep with her.”

(Her employee is a beautiful girl who simply prefers sportswear and having her hair cut short.)

Friend: *leaves to stop herself committing murder*

(I don’t know what’s more idiotic: her backward opinions, or her belief that she’ll find someone willing to permanently work at such a low paid menial job. There is a silver lining, however: guess who announced their pregnancy a couple of months later?)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!