Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pretext To Argue

, , , , | Right | October 29, 2010

(I work for a directory inquiries company, and if a customer is calling from a cellular phone, I can text them the number requested free of charge.)

Me: “[Directory Enquiries]. What number, please?”

Customer: “I called a few minutes ago and your useless colleague said he’d text me a number and he didn’t. I’d like a refund!”

Me: “I’m terribly sorry about that, ma’am. Could you tell me the number you were looking for so I can find it, first of all?”

(The customer tells me the business.)

Me: “Actually, ma’am, it was me that you spoke to a few minutes ago, and I did text you the number.”

Customer: “Well, I didn’t get it. There must be a problem with your system! Give me a refund!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but we don’t offer refunds on the text service as it’s free of charge. I have just sent it again, so you should receive two texts now.”

Customer: “Well, give me a refund for the call then! This is unacceptable! Your system is screwed!”

Me: “We have received no other complaints regarding the text service today, so I would suggest that you make a call to your service provider as it sounds like there’s traffic congestion on your network.”

Customer: “Traffic congestion? But I’m not even driving!”


This story is part of our Smartphone roundup!

Read the next Smartphone roundup story!

Read the Smartphone roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!