Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pregnant With Sensitivity

| Right | December 13, 2016

(Back in 2014, I was the manager at a well-known girl’s accessory boutique in my local mall. At the time, I was 7 months pregnant and well used to the normal slew of questions about my body and pregnancy. My employee is ringing the customer up.)

Customer: *to me* “So, how far along are you?”

Me: “Seven months.”

Customer: *gasps* “But you’re so big!”

Me: *sternly, but not yelling* “Please don’t say that to me!”

(At this point, I walk away so I can calm down.)

Customer: *to Employee* “Well! That was just rude. Some people are just too sensitive. What’s your corporate number? I want to complain about the way that girl talked to me.”

Employee: “And say what? That you called my pregnant manager fat and she wasn’t gracious about it? Sure. Here’s our corporate number.”

(The customer took the number and her purchase and stalked out of the store. I thanked my employee for coming to my defense and called my district manager to explain the situation and forewarn her of the possible call. She was, of course, on my side and thanked me for the warning. Unfortunately, the customer never called. I would have loved to hear what she said I did.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!