Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Praying The Layaway Away

| Right | September 27, 2014

(I work in a layaway service that has the option to cancel your layaway anytime you want.)

Customer: “Hi, I just need to do a couple things today. I want to make a regular payment on one and pay the other one off.”

Me: “Okay, I just need to see your ID. Do you want to do the payment first?”

Customer: “I want to cancel one and take both out.”

Me: *thinking I misheard* “Oh, sorry. I thought you wanted to make a payment and pay one off.”

Customer: “No. I’m not making a payment, but I’m taking both out.”

Me: “…I’m sorry? So you don’t want to cancel?”

Customer: “No, I do want to cancel one! I want them both right now though!”

Me: “So, you want me to take the one layaway out so you can buy it up front?”

Customer: “No, what? I want my things, but I want my refund, too.”

Me: “… Ma’am, if I’m hearing you right, I can’t give you your items if you don’t pay for it. You need to pay it off first.”

Customer: “No one would have to know though, right? Just put it through as a refund and give me my stuff and my money. You’re going to be taking it out anyway. It’s easy.”

Me: “… I can’t do that. That would be stealing.”

Customer: “But I picked out the stuff myself! Whatever. I’ll come back later when someone actually WANTS to help me. You get confused too easy!”

(She then walked off. Turned out she did try to come back and ask for a ‘refund,’ but was quickly taken care of by security when she began to throw a fit over ‘poor service!’)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!