Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pop Goes That Sale

, | Right | April 25, 2017

(I work in a very small store with only three employees including myself. My boss comes in at the end of my shift to relieve me when a customer comes in. Keep in mind, he is a regular.)

Me: “Hey, how are you?”

Regular: *throws a twenty on the till* “I want two [Soda]s and the rest in gas for a jerry can.”

(Now, he’s not holding anything at the moment. He came in the door and walked straight up to the till.)

Me: “Umm, okay. What size are you buying?”

Regular: “The two liters, duh. Are they still on sale 2 for $4.00?”

Me: “Yep, they still are. So with the two [Soda]s, you will be getting $**** in gas. Does that sound good?”

Regular: “Yeah, whatever. What pump?”

Me: “Your gas will be on pump two. Have a good evening.”

(He then proceeds to walk RIGHT PAST the display of two liter [Soda]s, and out the door. The transaction took less than a minute since he first came in.)

Me: “Wait… what?” *I look at my boss, who’s been quietly standing behind me the whole time* “Did… did he just leave without the [Soda]?”

Boss: “Sure, did. Maybe he’ll come back in for them after he gets his gas. I sure as h*** am not chasing him down, though.”

(We wait, and sure enough he drives away without his two liters.)

Me: “How did he forget his [Soda]? He paid for them not even thirty seconds before walking by the stand?!”

Boss: “Oh, he does this all the time. Sometimes he comes back for them, but usually he’ll just buy more a few days later. I don’t even bother reminding him anymore. I figure anyone that stupid deserves to waste their money. Just watch; he’ll back tomorrow and won’t even mention the missing [Soda].”

(He does show up at shift change the next night. He buys some groceries, and leaves without a word about the Soda he had forgotten. My boss rings him through in silence, and laughs as he drives off.)

Boss: “I don’t know what drugs he’s on, but they must be REALLY good.”

Me: “Haha, no kidding.”

(It turned out this guy does this almost every week.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!