Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Please Turn Down The Gravity

| Right | December 6, 2013

(I work as a courtesy clerk and bag boy at a grocery store. My state has recently started charging people for store-provided paper or plastic bags. Whenever possible, I try to fit all the customers’ items into the reusable bags that they give me. In this case, the customer only hands me one reusable canvas bag. I have just finished packing it as full as it will go, when the customer’s wife joins us at the register.)

Customer’s Wife: “Oh, that bag is way too heavy. Neither of us will be able to lift it.”

Me: “I’m sorry about that. Would you like me to get another bag and re-pack these items for you?”

Customer’s Wife: “Yes, please.”

(The customer’s wife hands me another reusable canvas bag. I finish bagging their groceries, distributing the items as evenly as I can between the two bags. I then put the bags into their shopping cart, to make room on the counter so that I can start bagging the next person’s items.)

Customer’s Wife: “Oh, no. These bags are still too heavy. We still won’t be able to lift them.”

Me: “I’m so sorry about that. I can get you some of the paper bags that the store provides, and help you re-bag your items again.”

Customer’s Wife: “No, no. I don’t think we need any more bags. We just need these bags to be less heavy!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!