Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Please Tell Me Everything I Can Do In Asia

, , , , | Right | May 4, 2022

I used to work as a customer service agent for a touring company that sold tickets to events and activities worldwide. My job was to deal with cancellations, rebookings, quality complaints, no-shows by tour guides, etc. You would be amazed at the number of these calls we’d get.

Caller: “Hi! I was wondering if you could recommend something for me!”

Me: “Where are you looking to go?”

Caller: “Umm… let’s say somewhere in Asia.”

Me: “Where specifically?”

Caller: “Mmmm… let’s say Singapore. No, wait, Thailand! No, stop! Japan! Yeah, Japan!”

I scream internally as I go to the EXACT SAME WEBSITE available to the customers.

Me: “What kinds of activities were you looking for?”

Customer: “I don’t care.”

Me: “I need a rough idea.”

Customer: “Pick something!”

I check the queue to see seven calls on hold.

Me: “Sir, we have a website you can search for any kind of activity you’d like, and they are sorted by customer rating. The ones that [Company] recommends are always listed as the first results in bold. You can also sort according to price range and distance from a specific city.”

Customer: “If you don’t want to help me, then f*** off!” *Click*

Me: *Smiling* “Whew! Thank you!”

I moved on to the next REAL call.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!