Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Please Mind The Gap Between The Bigot And All Reason

| Right | July 1, 2013

(My partner and I are on the escalators in a train station leading to the platforms. We are standing to one side to let people through on the other. An older woman is standing on the other side, blocking the way for rushing people. Two younger women approach.)

Young Woman: “Um, excuse me, miss, could you please move over? We’re running late for our train.”

(The older woman sniffs and looks offended, but neither moves nor acknowledges them.)

Young Woman: “Ma’am, could you move? We need to get home, and another train doesn’t come for half an hour.”

(She tries to get around the woman, still to no avail.)

Older Woman: “What do you brats think you’re doing? I’m an older citizen, and you don’t belong here. Look at you, you little [racial slur], with your tiny shorts, and boobs everywhere!”

(The older woman continues her tirade for 10 seconds, before I’m fed up.)

Me: “Look lady, move over and shut up. You’re obviously on the wrong side of the escalator, and you aren’t their mother. Move. Now!”

(She moves, and both the girls smile, say thanks, and keep running. She now turns her foul mouth on me, even as I step off the escalator and head for the platforms, hand in hand with my partner.)

Older Woman: “Nasty b****! You came here on a boat too, did you? Defending all that filth!”

(I just smile at the two girls, who have just stopped, and are speaking to the guard. They point at the woman, and we watch as she’s removed from the station.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!