Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Playstation Depreciation

| Right | March 13, 2015

(It’s near the end of my first day on the job and I’m still apprehensive. A customer calls the store and the manager picks up.)

Manager: “Yes, sir, we do have PS2 games, but they’re so old that they’re actually not in our system anymore; they’re just permanently marked down and sitting in the bins. The only way we could find a specific one for you is if we physically searched through each one.”

(Pause.)

Manager: “No, sir. As I said, we do have them but if you want a specific one, you would have to find it yourself in our bins. I’m sorry, but those games are very old and as I said, the specific titles are just not in our system anymore.”

(Another pause, and I actually hear the customer screaming “YOU JUST LOST MY BUSINESS!” over the phone.)

Manager: “Yes, sir, I’m sure I’ll cry myself to sleep about those lost 50 cents. Have a good night!”

(I was significantly less apprehensive about the job after that.)


This story is part of the Crazy-First-Day roundup!

Read the next Crazy-First-Day roundup story!

Read the Crazy-First-Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!