Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Playing It By The Book

| Working | March 27, 2015

(I have been working at a recently opened bookstore for over six months. One day, I take advantage of our special ordering system and order an audio book that I’ve wanted for quite a while. One morning, about seven hours before I am supposed to come into work, I receive a call from my manager.)

Me: “Hello, this is [My Name].”

Manager: *in a very professional tone* “Hi, [My Name]. This is [Manager] from [Bookstore]. How are you today?”

Me: “Hi, [Manager]. I’m good, thank you.”

Manager: “Good, good. I just wanted to let you know that your special order was received today.”

Me: *giggling* “Oh, excellent. Thank you.”

Manager: “You are so welcome. I do want to let you know that we will hold the order behind the register for two weeks, and if you do not come in then, we will unfortunately have to send it back.”

(The entire time, he does not stop his professional intonation and treatment of me as a customer, and I am nearly dying of laughter.)

Me: “You made my morning, [Manager]. Thank you.”

Manager: “You are so welcome, [My Name]. I will notate that I called you, and you can just let us know your last name when you pick it up.”

Me: *deciding to play along* “Hmmm… how about I come in around 6:30?”

(6:30 is when I am supposed to start my shift.)

Manager: “6:30 would be great. We will see you then.”

Me: “Okay. Bye, [Manager].”

Manager: “Thank you. Buh-bye.”

(In short, I love my job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!