Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Placebo Me, Part 4

, , , | Right | January 2, 2012

(I’m at the service desk helping a few guests that come up for returns and such. A lady holding a “Lion King DVD Edition” and her receipt approaches)

Me: “Good evening, ma’am! What can I do for you tonight?”

Customer: “I need to exchange this for a DVD. I don’t want the Blu-Ray.”

(I look at the box. It is indeed the DVD version of the “Lion King” movie, as it says in bold lettering at the top “DVD EDITION”. There is a small sticker on the cover that states “Also in Blu-Ray Combo Packs”)

Me: “Well, ma’am, it looks like you already have the DVD version. It says right at the top here–“

Customer: “No! I don’t want the Blu-Ray version! I called in! Give me the DVD version instead of this Blu-Ray.”

Me: “I understand, ma’am, it’s just a sticker that says it’s there’s also a Blu-Ray version–“

Customer: “NO! I want the DVD version!”

Me: “Okay, ma’am, let me head back to the department and see if I can find the DVD version. Just give me a second.”

(I take the movie back to the department and peel back the sticker, removing it. I then go back to the desk, handing her back the movie without the sticker)

Me: “Here you are, ma’am. Sorry about that.”

Customer: “It’s about time! Thank you!”

(She leaves in a huff, grumbling about blu-ray movies.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!