Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pizza Saves Lives!

, , , , | Friendly | January 7, 2023

During the first lockdown, I was part of a large social group that held regular online events. One of our regulars could sometimes drink a bit more than was good for him and get quite loud-mouthed. It was in an entertaining way rather than a threatening way.

On one such occasion, we were having a gaming evening. [Friend] got drunk and frustrated and was mouthing off at a lot of things. But mid-tirade, he abruptly went silent, but he was still online and wasn’t muted.

We called his name a few times but he didn’t respond. After a few minutes, we became concerned that he may be passed out on his floor. We tried messaging him by other means but still no response.

None of us lived close to him, and we weren’t certain enough about our concerns to phone emergency services. We knew he had housemates, but we had no contact details for them.

Finally, someone had the idea of ordering him a pizza, as this would require his housemates to come downstairs and find him.

It turned out that his dog had knocked something over in the kitchen and he’d rushed off suddenly to sort that out, leaving his phone behind. In his drunken state, he’d forgotten that he was in an online event and had begun various kitchen tasks he’d been putting off. He only remembered when the pizza arrived.

He thanked us for that pizza.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!