Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pizza Of Future’s Past

, , , , | Working | November 23, 2016

(I order a pizza on the night daylight saving time ends, at 1:45 am DST. They tell me it will be there in about half an hour, and sure enough, half an hour later, it arrives. It is now 1:15 am, standard time, because we set the clocks back. I have no complaints, but a couple of days later, I get a call from a manager.)

Manager: “Hello, I’m calling about your order a couple of days ago from [Pizza Place].”

Me: “Yes, was there a problem?”

Manager: “You tell me. It’s showing here that your order took 993 minutes to be delivered, but that’s what, 16 hours? I just wanted to follow up and see what happened.”

Me: “No, it took about half an hour, pretty much what they promised.”

Manager: “So you ordered at 1:45 am, and it was delivered at… 1:16 am? That is fast, but that can’t be right.”

Me: *thinking back* “Wasn’t that the day we set our clocks back? So that does make sense. Maybe your computer system couldn’t handle a negative and it overflowed?”

Manager: “Like Gandhi?”

Me: “Yeah, like Gandhi.”

Manager: “Well, sorry to bother you, and I hope you order again soon. We’ll be fast next time, too, but we can’t get it to you before you order. That was a one-time thing!”


This story is part of our Daylight Saving Time roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the Daylight Saving Time roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!