Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pinning Down The Repeat Problem

| Right | January 12, 2017

(I work for a fast food restaurant chain that’s pretty much based in Nebraska. The following happens within the span of a week while I’m working drive-thru by myself.)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Fast Food Place]. How may I help you?”

Lady: “Can I have two separate orders, please?”

Me: “Sure. What can I get you for your first order?”

Lady: “A number one with a Pepsi for the first item.”

Me: “Okay. That’ll be [total] for that. And the second?”

Lady: “A number nine with ranch and a Dr. Pepper, please.”

Me: “All right. That’ll be [total] for that, then. I’ll see you at the window!”

(She pulls up as I get her items ready. I open the window and greet her.)

Me: “Hey there! [Total] for the first one!”

(She hands me a card, which I put in the chip reader. It tells me I need a PIN, so I go to hand the machine out to her.)

Me: “Sorry, but I need a PIN, please.”

Lady: “Oops! Hang on a sec, I need to call my friend; it’s her card.”

(I pull back my arm and wait while she calls her friend. When she hangs up I go to hand it back.)

Lady: “Oh, it’s [PIN].”

Me: *stares in shock* “I’m… I’m sorry?”

Lady: *moronically repeats PIN*

Me: “O-Okay…”

(I type it in and it goes through. I hand back the receipt and the first meal. The rest of the transaction goes smoothly but I remain in shock at the pure stupidity of this woman. I figure that she’ll remain the clear winner of the “Moron of the Month” award, but alas, a week later another woman comes through who’s just as stupid.)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Fast Food Place]. How may I help you?”

Lady #2: “Yes, I’d like a number five, please, with a diet Pepsi.”

Me: “Anything else today?”

Lady #2: “No, thank you.”

Me: “Okay, that’ll be [total]. I’ll see you at the window!”

(I get her drink as the lady pulls up. I then open the window and greet her, thinking this will go as it normally does. It doesn’t.)

Me: “Hey there! [Total], please.”

Lady #2: *hands me a card*

(I place the card in the chip reader and lo and behold, I need her PIN. I go to hand the machine out to her.)

Me: “Sorry, but I need your PIN.”

Lady #2: “It’s [PIN].”

Me: *stares at her in total shock* “Wh-wha…?”

Lady #2: *louder and clearly oblivious to her stupidity* [PIN NUMBER].”

(I didn’t say anything this time as I put in her PIN for her. It went through, and I handed her back her card. Everything else proceeded as normal and she left with her food, satisfied. Either I have a very trustworthy face, or this is the Month of the Morons!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!