Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

PINheaded, Part 3

, , , , | Right | August 21, 2012

(In Australia when you pay by card, you can either use a pin number or sign for your purchase if you pay by card. Regardless, you need to have your card on you.)

Me: “Okay, so the total is $17.”

Customer: *comes up $2 short* “Oh, I don’t have enough. I’ll just run to my car to get the $2.”

Me: “Oh, here, I’ll save the transaction and keep your bags back here for you.”

Customer: “Oh, I’ll just pay with my bank card!”

Me: “Okay, go ahead.”

Customer: “I have… a PIN.”

Me: “Alrighty, then. Did you have your card?”

Customer: “Yes.” *stares at me*

Me: “Ma’am, you have to put your card in the machine.”

Customer: “I HAVE A PIN! I DON’T SIGN!”

Me: “Ma’am, you have to put your card in the machine for it to take the payment.”

(The customer mutters something about getting the $2 and walks off. I save the order and continue serving other customers. Returning with her money, the woman proceeds to cut the line and slams the correct money on the counter. I process the payment and think she’s about to leave when she starts yelling again.)

Customer: “So, you’re telling me I have to keep my card with me all the time to pay, even though I have a PIN?!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. The computer can’t process the payment unless the card is in the machine. It doesn’t matter if you have a PIN or sign for it.”

Customer: “BUT I HAVE A PIN!” *storms off*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!