Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Piercing Observation, Part 8

, , , | Right | February 5, 2021

I work in a small shop. The owner is pretty casual about the dress code for employees and lets us wear whatever we want to. I don’t take my piercings out for work and in the year I’ve worked here, no customer has ever said anything about it. Until now.

Customer: “You know that those piercings you have in your lips make you very unattractive, do you?”

Me: “Um, what?”

Customer: “Yes, they draw the attention to your mouth and not to your beautiful eyes.”

I assume he’s joking, so I take my glasses off.

Me: “That’s why I have another one in my eyebrow to remedy that problem.”

Customer: *Horrified* “And you have another one in your nose!”

I finish ringing him up. He puts his books in a bag with a date written on the inside.

Customer: “You see that? I write the date of purchase on everything I buy, so I always know how long the item lasts. I’ve done it since I was a boy.”

He’s over seventy years old.

Customer: “I write it on my furniture, on bags, on my clothes…”

He pulls up his shirt to show me the date written on the inside.

Customer: “…even on my underwear!”

He reaches for his trousers.

Me: “Sir! I believe you even without seeing the proof!”

Two months later, the same customer comes back.

Customer: “Hey, you still have those piercings in your face!”

Me: *Thinking* “Great, here we go again!”

Customer: “Would it be indecent for me to ask you if you have piercings in more intimate places?”

Me: “Yes, that would be very indecent.”

Customer: “Well, you could always refuse to answer.”

Me: “Well, you could just not ask that question!”

Seriously, some people!

Related: 
Piercing Observation, Part 7
Piercing Observation, Part 6
Piercing Observation, Part 5
Piercing Observation, Part 4
Piercing Observation, Part 3

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!