Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Piercing Observation, Part 2

| Right | August 16, 2016

(It is my first month of working as a cashier for a high-end grocery store and I am getting a lot of Jesus-pamphlets and comments about my piercings (my employers encourage them; they are fine by policy). One day it is especially busy and I am still a little slow at scanning / typing codes for fruits and veggies… An older male customer in his mid-50s with a young woman and a baby come through my lane. The older man says something turning to the younger woman, and all I hear is “…all that s*** on her face.”)

Me: “Excuse me, sir? Is there a problem?”

Customer: “Oh, I just think you’d look better without all that crap on your face.”

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way. I like it and I look good with it.”

Customer: “Well, have ya looked in the mirror lately?”

Me: “Yes, every day, and I like what I see.”

Customer: “You should get your eyes checked!”

Me: “I did about three months ago, sir. My vision hasn’t changed in over three years.”

(The customer got seemingly flustered at my confidence and as I handed him his receipt looking him straight in the eyes, I think he realized how rude he was and laughed it off with an Elvis impersonation (?!).)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!