Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Picture This: A Customer Who Actually Follows The Rules

, , | Right | CREDIT: SuddenStorm1234 | June 6, 2021

I have a reservation through an online travel agency, under the name [Customer]. An older lady walks in and asks to check in to that reservation.

Me: “Okay, is [Customer] here?”

Lady: “He’s in the car, but we have the same last name so you can just check me in.”

Me: “Hotel policy says that the full name has to match.”

Lady: “You’ll see him when he walks through the lobby. Just check me in.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I need [Customer] to be here to check anyone into the room.”

She gets angry, goes outside, and comes back a minute later with [Customer]’s ID and credit card.

Me: “I need to have [Customer] actually here.

She leans in to read my nametag.

Lady: “Okay, [My Name], front desk supervisor.

And she storms off. She comes back in with a gentleman who is obviously [Customer]. I thank him for coming in and apologize, explaining the hotel policy. He is super nice and gracious. His wife, though, pulls out her phone.

Lady: “I’m going to photograph you and—”

I cut her off before she could finish threatening me and made it very clear that she did not have my permission to photograph me. Her husband told her to calm down, and she finally relented.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!