Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Was The Very Best, The Best There Ever Was

, , | Hopeless | May 1, 2017

(Our store has things going on all throughout the week; Monday nights are Pokémon nights, meaning for a few hours kids and their parents can come and play/trade Pokémon, and it’s VERY relaxed and very chill. We have numerous people on Monday nights, and all of them are the nicest — especially to brand new players. A new family of four comes in, and of course the mother is worried about her daughters. They’ve never been in the store before; there are a lot of boys/men, what if they don’t know what they’re doing, will they get bullied, etc. The guy that normally runs the Pokémon nights isn’t there as he’s sick, but I refer them to one of our regulars who has told me to send new players to him. This guy proceeds to spend an hour carefully explaining the ins and outs of the game, how to trade properly, and is patient and answers every single questions the family has. All of this in the middle of a couple of games, a really annoying regular getting all up in their faces (I have to tell him off once), and kids running around the store. The mother comes up to the counter after they’re done, to buy a few things that the guy recommended.)

Mother: “Yes, hello again. I would like to get these decks, and this toy, and oh, do you have gift cards?”

Me: “Yes, we do! How much would you like to put on it?”

Mother: “$25.”

Me: “Great! Let me get the box that comes with it—”

Mother: “Oh, I don’t need the box.”

Me: “Okay, then, your total is [total].”

Mother: “I’ll take the card. This is for [Guy who helped them with Pokémon].”

Me: “My gosh, that is so nice of you!”

Mother: “He was outstanding, answered all of our questions, and was just the nicest person! And thank you for helping us out!”

Me: “Of course, ma’am, thank you so much. I know he’d appreciate it. He’s over there, if you’d like to give it to him. We’ll see you folks again!”

(The guy came up to me later on, looking slightly confused.)

Guy: “Yeah, so that woman gave me a gift card in thanks… That was unexpected.”

Me: “They seemed so nice!”

Guy: “You wouldn’t happen to know how much she put on it? She didn’t tell me.”

Me: “$25.”

Guy: “Seriously?! I wasn’t THAT good about teaching them Pokémon!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!