Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Periodically Stupid

| Right | June 26, 2013

(I work in the kitchen department of a department store.)

Customer: “Excuse me, I have a complaint about your microwave-safe bowls.”

Me: “What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “Well, I was cooking my lunch, when all of a sudden I see sparks inside the microwave. I quickly stopped it, took it out and the side of my microwave was burnt. This is disgusting; these are meant to be MICROWAVE SAFE. These are a hazard.”

Me: “Well, sir, many customers have purchased the same microwave-safe bowls as this and have not had any problems. It may have been a problem with the microwave, or maybe you had a bit of metal on the inside which caused the sparks? Did you perhaps accidentally leave a metal spoon or fork in the bowl?”

Customer: “There was no metal.”

Me: “Okay, what did you use to cover the food?”

Customer: “Aluminum foil.”

Me: “That would be the problem. Like having any other metal in the microwave, aluminum foil can cause sparks and possibly be a fire hazard. You need to use plastic, such as cling wrap.”

Customer: “But aluminum foil isn’t metal.”

Me: “Yes it is, Aluminum is metal.”

Customer: “Don’t be stupid; aluminum foil can’t be metal. It’s soft, so it is a plastic. Metals are hard.”


This story is part of the Microwave Oven roundup!

Read the next Microwave Oven roundup story!

Read the Microwave Oven roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!