Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Peppered With Emotion

, , , , , | Right | April 5, 2018

(I work the front desk at a hotel that offers complimentary shuttle service to local areas. Guests call the front desk when they are ready to be picked up.)

Caller: “I need the shuttle to pick up us.”

Me: “No problem. Where are you guys?”

Caller: “We’re outside Joe’s.”

(There is no business nearby called “Joe’s,” or even anything close to that.)

Me: “I’m sorry. Did you say, ‘Joe’s’?”

Caller: “Yes, ma’am.”

Me: “I apologize, but there isn’t anything close by called ‘Joe’s.’ Could it be something else, or are you possibly dialing the wrong hotel?”

Caller: *suddenly irate* “What the f***?! NO! Your shuttle dropped us off here at Joe’s Peppers less than an hour ago! I demand you pick us up!”

Me: *finally clicks* “Did you say, ‘Joe’s Peppers’? You mean, ‘Jose Peppers’?”

Caller: *silence for a few seconds then starts laughing maniacally* “I called it the wrong thing! Yes! Jose Peppers.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, no problem. The shuttle will be there for you in about ten minutes.” *hangs up*

Me: *to shuttle driver* “You have a pick-up. Careful, though; she’s a bit of an emotional rollercoaster!”


This story is part of our Joe roundup!

Read the next Joe roundup story!

Read the Joe roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!