Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pen Her In For A Discount

| Right | March 7, 2013

(I am a cashier at a small chain grocery store in a small town. I am monitoring the self-checkout station when a customer walks up to me.)

Me: “Is there something I can help you with?”

Customer: “Hi is [coworker’s name] still here?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but he has already left for the evening. Is there something I could assist you with?”

Customer: “Well, I am so embarrassed. He was my cashier earlier today and he asked me if I gave his pen back to him. I checked my pockets and I thought I did, but when I got home I found it in my purse! Could I leave this with you and you give it to him next time he comes in?”

Me: *slightly shocked* “Ma’am, you mean to tell me you drove all the way back here to return a pen to my coworker?”

Customer: “Yes. I told him I hadn’t took it. I feel so bad!”

Me: “Well that is very kind of you, I am sure he will appreciate it. I will make sure to leave him a note letting him know you returned it. Might I ask how far you had to drive to return it?”

Customer: “Well, I live in [town about 40 minutes away from store location].”

Me:What!?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!