Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pay It Forward, On Repeat

| Right | December 21, 2015

(I’m at the theatre on Christmas with a friend of mine. We pass out little gift bags of chocolate to workers when we go on holidays to make it a little bit better for them. My friend decided to do something different today.)

Friend: “I’d like a ticket to Sherlock and I’d like to buy the ticket of the person behind me.”

Cashier: “Um, well, we don’t know what they want to see and—”

Friend: “Okay, can I have a $25 gift card, and then can you use it on them?”

Cashier: “Yeah, I can do that!”

(My friend pays and hands him a bag of candy.)

Next Customer: “Two for Sherlock, please.”

Cashier: “Your tickets has been paid for!”

Next Customer: “No way! Cool, can I do the same for the people behind me?”

(When we came out of the movie, the line was still going with people paying for the ones behind them. The manager approached us and looked like she was about to cry. After we gave her our last gift bag, she gave my friend and me free passes, saying no one had ever done a pay it forward line before at her theatre and this was making her holiday so much better.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!