Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Past The Point Of No Return, Part 5

| Right | February 25, 2014

(I am working the returns desk. If a customer returns too many times under an ID instead of a receipt, it blocks them in our return system. To help out someone who just wants to use an ID, I warn them about what may happen and try to find the receipt in my computer first. A customer walks in with some closet doors to return.)

Me: “Hello. Do you have your receipt or the card you may have paid with?”

Customer: “No, just use my ID.”

Me: “Are you sure you don’t want me to try and find it? If you use your ID too many times it will block you.”

Customer: *suddenly very angry* “Look! I am a contractor and I am registered with your corporate as a contractor, so I can make as many ID returns I want! So why don’t you just shut up and do your d*** job, or is your job too hard?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. I was just trying to help out. I wasn’t aware you were a contractor and were registered with corporate.”

Customer: “Well, I don’t need your f****** help. Do your d*** job, you stupid idiot. I buy from here all the time and have never been treated so rudely!”

Me: “I AM doing my job, sir, by informing you of some policy you may not have known about. I also politely request you watch your language. You are in a public place and are being very rude to me and the people around you.”

Customer: “I will be rude to who ever I f****** want. I just want you to know you have completely ruined by whole day!” *starts storming off*

Me: *in the most polite voice I can muster* “Well, I hope the rest of your day is fantastic, sir!”

Customer: *flips me the bird* “F*** YOU!”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!