Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Passive-Aggressiveness Is Worth The Meal

, , | Right | September 4, 2017

(I work at a restaurant that specializes in amazing burgers. This situation happens to one of my coworkers when she serves some local regulars, who generally come in big groups at the worst times.)

Coworker: *brings over food to table* “Enjoy your meal, folks! Let me know if I can get you anything else!”

(A couple minutes later, one of the people at the table runs up to the desk with their burger.)

Customer: *angry tone* “Excuse me, but my Union Pacific burger with bleu cheese and bacon doesn’t have any grilled onions on it!”

(The Union Pacific comes with our normal burger toppings of tomato, lettuce, and onion, as well as bleu cheese and bacon. No grilled onions.)

Waitress: “Oh, I am so sorry! I don’t remember you saying you wanted grilled onions on it. I must have not heard you. Let me fix that for you.”

Customer: “Of course I didn’t tell you! We’re locals and we come here all the time! You should know our order!”

Waitress: “I apologize… there are six of you here tonight and I was unaware that I was supposed to memorize your orders. I’ll have the cooks fix this for you, though.”

(The waitress happens to be the owners’ 16-year-old daughter. The customers continue to complain to her mother, until the mother decides to comp their whole table. I hear about the mishap the next day…)

Boss: “…and then they talked about how stupid [Boss’s Daughter] was right in front of her! I couldn’t believe it.”

Daughter: “It was horrible. You shouldn’t have comped their whole table, Mom.”

Boss: “Well, I wanted to make them feel like a**-h***s. When I comped it the man told me to just comp that one burger, but then I told them that they were SO important to us and hope that they come back soon. Kill them with kindness, [Daughter]!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!