Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pantzilla Gets Schooled

, , | Right | October 7, 2008

(At the clothing store where I work, I’ve spent hours folding and sizing jeans into a wall display. A customer comes up starts to look for her size.)

Me: “Hi there! How are you today? My name is [My Name]. Can I help you find the size or style of jeans you are looking for today?”

Customer: “No, I’m just looking… thanks.”

Me: “All right. Well, you just let me know if you need any help.”

(As I go back to folding jeans, she pulls out a pile I’ve already fixed, proceeds to destroy it and shoves it back in the wall.)

Me: “Are you sure I can’t help you find what you are looking for?”

Customer: “Nah, I’m all right.”

(She destroys pile number #2.)

Me: *wincing* “I might be able to help you find the size you are looking for a little faster…”

Customer: “It’s okay. I’m fine.”

(She destroys pile number #3.)

Me: “Ma’am, please let me help you since I know where everything is.”

Customer: “I said I was okay! Don’t you people have better things to do than bug your shoppers?! I don’t need your help!”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I’m going to help you anyway. I’ve spent nearly six hours refolding and fixing this wall because customers like you come in and ruin it with no regard to the people who have to clean up your mess. Since we size things with the smallest size at the top and the largest size at the bottom, I suggest that you look somewhere near the bottom pile for your jeans!”

Customer: *jaw drops* “ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!”

Me: “No, I’m implying it.”

Customer: “WELL, I NEVER!” *storms out*

(I got written up, but it was totally worth it!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!