Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pants-Fulfilling Prophecy

, , , | Right | September 7, 2009

(A coworker of mine is looking through racks of clothes, trying to find where a shirt goes. A customer and her friend approach her as she’s doing this.)

Customer: “Why the h*** are you following us?”

Coworker: “Um… sorry?”

Customer: “You don’t have to follow us around the whole store. I’m not going to steal some cheap $5 shirt.”

Coworker: “Ma’am, I’m just trying to figure out where this shirt goes.”

Customer: “Shouldn’t you know where it goes? You do work here!”

Coworker: “Sorry, ma’am, they change the layout every few days.”

Customer: “I should sue you for discrimination!”

Coworker: “Ma’am, if I thought you were going to steal from us, the manager would be following you, not me.”

Customer: “Whatever! We’re leaving!”

(As the customer turns away, my coworker notices a tag sticking out from the pants of the woman who was with the angry customer.)

Coworker: “Tell your friend that she can pay for that shirt she’s trying to steal at the front of the store.”

Customer’s Friend: “S**t!”

(The customer and her friend both bolted from the store, dropping the shirt in the process.)


This story is part of the Thieves Getting Caught roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

24 Satisfying Stories About Lying Customers Getting Caught

 

Read the next Thieves Getting Caught roundup story!

Read the Thieves Getting Caught roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!