Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Fate Of The Update

| Working | November 2, 2015

(I have a popular reading app on my phone, and the most recent update has really messed with the functions, so I call the helpline to see if they can help me fix it.)

Me: “Hi, I’m calling about the [App] on my phone. I bought a book and it wouldn’t download. I ended up removing all the updates to get it to work, and when I re-installed the updates it wiped everything from my library and I had to remove them again to get everything back. Now the app is at the factory settings.”

Tech Person: “So it’s [Book] you’re having trouble with, correct?”

Me: “Yes, it wouldn’t download until I removed the updates.”

Tech Person: “I have re-delivered the item to your phone. It should work now.”

Me: “That’s not the problem. The update screwed something up; I do have the book right now but I had to remove all the updates to get it.”

Tech Person: “Is the book downloading?”

Me: “Yes, but—”

Tech Person: “Good. You should always make sure to have the latest updates so you don’t have this problem again. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Me: *seeing that this person is going to be no help* “No… thanks…”

Tech Person: “Have a nice day!”

(I posted a review on the app and judging by some of the other reviews a lot of people are having similar problems. I guess I’ll have to wait for the next update to see if that fixes anything.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!