Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Palpatine Trumps Democracy

| Learning | April 1, 2016

(My classmates and I are in politics class. A galactic senate debate is being broadcast on the holo.)

Classmate #1: “I actually quite like some of the things that Chancellor Palpatine guy is saying.”

Me: “Are you kidding?! The guy is a tyrant!”

Classmate #1: “Why? He wants to make the galaxy great again.”

Classmate #2: “Yeah, but how?! He wants to build a huge blockade wall, and keep out everyone he doesn’t like! It’s racist and ridiculous. It’ll bankrupt the Republic.”

Classmate #1: “Nuh-uh! He said he’s going to make The Separatists pay for it.”

Classmate #2: “How? By jumping up and down and demanding it? Every wise person knows to ignore a big baby having a tantrum or they’ll think it’s a strategy that works.”

Classmate #1: “Whatever, man. He just tells the truth. He says it like it is.”

Me: “I don’t trust him. He said he saw crowds cheering here in the Republic when Naboo got attacked, but there’s no documented proof of that. The man is a liar.”

Classmate #1: “Well, I’m still gonna vote for him.”

(Suddenly the whole senate is cheering and applauding at something Palpatine has said on the holo.)

Classmate #1: “Woohoo! See?! The people love him! He has to be a good guy!”

Classmate #2: “So, this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!